Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Altered Muse wishes everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year. 

I have started the new year by planning for the Spring antiques show in Warrenton, Texas.  Some may know it as Round Top, but once you are down there you find out that it all happens in Warrenton. The Spring show is always the best.  The earth is thawing, flowers and trees are blooming, and a sense of renewal and optimism is in the air.  The booths are more beautiful because vendors are adding color with fresh plants and flowers.  Happy Spring colors are everywhere.  Just the perfect atmosphere for happiness and hopes of a successful and prosperous show. My vending space is under a nice white tarp and under an old tree. Under the tree is where I make my Spring garden of garden furniture and accessories.  Very cozy.  It is located in the Rose of Texas Show.  The Legal Tender Saloon (great homemade food and BBQ) faces the street in Warrenton and if you go out their back steps, I am on the right under the tree.

I am bringing lots of fresh merchandise.  Old books, textiles, jewelry, vintage clothing, furniture, old script letters, and lots of uncommon objects. I have made some things from old lace and seam binding that are perfect for Spring. I will have lots and lots of old hats.  This will be a great show and I would love to see you there.

I have not blogged alot for The Altered Muse in a while.  I have posted pictures of my flower garden and such, but none of my creativity.  I hope to refresh my blog and start adding pictures, comments, art, and just fun stuff.  If you have followed in the past and read this post, I hope you will come back and let me hear your comments on what I make and happenings in general.

Again have a blessed and happy new year.  Peace on earth, goodwill to all.


No comments: