Monday, November 1, 2010

New Arrivals


March 8, 2014 - 

One of the early folk art crafts was the making of Memory Jugs. Here are several pieces that cracked off of a Memory Jug and a friend rescued them for me.  I think the memory jug is pretty self explanatory just by looking at the pictures. Usually the jug was crockery or whiskey or just any good size jug.









I found yet another piece of metal that was an addition to a Victorian coffin.  I'm sure the cherubs were more beautiful before their noses got scrubbed. I am adding these to my great stash of old coffin hardware. 

These gold leaves are very light tin. Not heavy at all.  Great for adding to any mixed media collage or reliquary.




These grapes are made of a very light, thin, tin.  Not heavy at all.  Making them great for an addition to any mixed media reliquary.


I think I found some fabulous things this week. No...really! Let's start with this wonderful French book with 30 pages of children in many poses. The images are in sepia color. The book is a large 18"x24". I couldn't believe it when I found this at an estate sale here in Ft. Worth. Finding this kind of book for me is over the top. You just don't find that many French books with children's illustrations. I love French books. I have many including story books, music books, and readers. I can't wait to show you more of what I found. Even more than what I have posted here!

Let me know if there is anything here you would like to purchase (except this book). I love comments. Let me know what is one of your favorite things to find that puts you over the top.




































































April 8, 2011. Some of the fun things I purchased at the Warrenton Show this Spring and around town here in Ft. Worth. I love vintage threads and textiles (grain bags especially). Old ledgers and songbooks are used for background in Mixed Media Collage. I found the old candy boxes here in Ft. Worth. Ft. Worth had two major candy companies up until the 80's. King Candy and Pangburns. Take a look and see what altered art you could use these fun things for.





























































































































































My Favorite Finds (disregard the photo dates) Little Yellow Birds Victorian Traveling Jewelry Keeper- Beautiful Stitches Vintage 20's Silver Tinsel Trim Old Millinery Leaf Bundles - Made in Occupied Germany Old Christmas Tinsel Lots of Old Millinery Flowers Early Photos of Ladies in their best head dress. Lots of old Postcards Here are some of the fun and great things I found this week. These items were found currently. I don't know how to change the date on my Title Post. The Post Date is old. These are my findings from July 2010. This picture of Frida Kahlo is only about 2 inches tall and is wrapped or framed in some old black lace, probably, 1930's. It is porcelain under glass. I think it is great. This picture shows the picture from the side and also a little purse I bought that will probably wind up in a collage piece. I have turned the picture of Frida on its side so you could see the lace better. Old Pipe Cases What I Found this week. This is a post from July 4, 2010. It is a post that I continually add to, but it always shows the old date of the original post. I just want you to know that it is current. Please take a look at the wonderful goodies I found this week at Canton First Monday in Canton, Texas. I was very pleased with my findings and just wanted to show them to you. Old lace, old dolls and bodies, beautiful calling cards, vintage 50's children's shoes, high top canvas shoes from the 20's, shell art souvenir from Pike's Peak, and several other really sweet things. I love taking pictures outside in my flower/rock garden. I hope you enjoy looking at these finds as much as I did finding them. If you are ever interested in any of the findings, please let me know, they could just be for sale, as is lots of stuff on this blog. It just doesn't look that way. Let me know. Old hinges for metal art. Bone cat and mermaid buttons just waiting to be shown Two wonderful collar boxes. These will be made into a reliquary workshop. Very old photo album with a celluloid cluster of roses, a a horseshoe and metal trim. The pages are beautiful as is the clasp. This is a very large china head that was broken off of a bigger body, I guess, very unusual. I had to have these never been used bottle caps. These vintage children's shoes will go into a monochromatic display somewhere. These boots were made for walkin and the soles are worn thin. I picture a very hard working young lady going about her busy day. These were probably her summer shoes. Vintage children's books have always had a special place in my studio. The beautiful and unique illustrations facinate me. I have many more that are not shown here, but I will add more soon. My most favorite of all is a 1949 French Children's book called Le Buffon Des Enfants. It is a book filled with colorfully illustrated insects. I took some pictures to add, but they didn't come out the way I wanted so I didn't post them. The Mother Goose nursery rhymes, some I know by heart from the many times my mother read them to me. These illustrations actually make me feel creative even though I don't know how to illustrate myself. Pussycat Pussycat Where Have You Been Georgie Porgie

No comments: