Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FUN WITH FELTING

Today I am continuing to work with felt. The last two weeks I have made two felted scarves and a piece of felted fabric to sew into a purse. I use the Nuno felting technique, sometimes called "wet felting". It is a lot of upper body work, but well worth the effort. What's fun is picking out the fibers and roving to put the pieces together. I buy the hand carded, hand dyed wool that comes in beautiful colors and then start the process.

As you all know from looking at my blog, I love to take pictures! I love to post pictures of unique, beautiful, inspiring, and curious things. As soon as I figure out how to make the felting pieces photograph well, I will be showing you pictures. Did you guess it? A Nuno Felting Workshop is on its way.

Please take a look at the jewelry that was created in the Found Objects Workshop below. I have also scattered some new pictures here and there in the blog. The Reliquary Workshop is this Sat. 6/19. The cost is $45 and is all inclusive. 10:30am to 1:00. You will have wonderful antique finds to choose from. Finds I have searched the earth for! You won't be disappointed. We will have Bellinis and healthy snacks. I need to know by Thursday 6/17 if you are going to participate.

SOLDERING!!! June 26 10:30am to 1:00 Hands on, one on one instruction and introduction to soldering. You asked for it, now here it is. Cost: $85 all inclusive. This workshop, in order to do "one on one" is limited to four people. I will need to know by 6/22 if you would like to be a part. A $25 deposit is required to hold your spot. A credit card number is acceptable to hold the spot, but please pay with cash or check the day of. Lots of prep goes into this type of workshop and for it to be a success, we need advance notice from you. You can see an example of this workshop if you click on the "workshop" widget. There were 27 people sign up for interest in this class at the Funky Finds Spring Fling in March of this year. I am expecting lots of interest.

NOW IT IS TIME TO FELT!!!

1 comment:

Beth Cook said...

This isn't really a comment, but I saw that they're moderated, so you don't have to put this up. I just wanted to say thank you to Pam for taking the time to tell me about the soldering stuff last night on the phone. I really appreciate it. I couldn't figure out how it was done, or what was needed for it from looking it up online --I was beginning to think I would need stuff like a special saw-- and I was really hoping to get some of the supplies before I took the class, so I'll be all set to come home and do more. Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to the class. I hope everything works out okay for Angela and her family.
Thank you so much!