Saturday, April 24, 2010

Out and About This Weekend

I don't know if you have noticed or not, but I have been blogging more often and posting alot of pictures. I would love your comments.

I have been out and about this weekend going to the flea market and estate sales. I have posted pictures (some large and some small) of the things I purchased. Some are posted down the middle of the blog and some are on the right side bar. I purchased vintage 50's and 60's glass bead and crystal necklaces, a cute pink set bracelet, some really cute cracker jack charms, OshKosh Luggage from the 50's and much more. Hope you enjoy looking. I found the jewelry and charms at the Cattle Barn Flea Market in the Will Rogers Memorial Center here in Ft. Worth (only 3 miles from my house). It is Ft. Worth's best kept market for junque and a wide range (high and low end) stuff. I always find something there. There are several mixed media artists vending there right now also. They were fun to talk to and I enjoyed seeing what they had created.

I am adding some pictures of two silk dusters from the 1940's. I purchased them from a friend from Oklahoma City that I see every show at Warrenton. One of these days I am going to just put one on over some jeans and shirt and wear 'em. I noticed that Meryl Streep wore one in her last movie "It's Complicated". I don't know why I am so hesitant to wear them. I wear my Magnolia Pearl Beautiful Wear without hesitation. You have to admit that is beautiful clothing over the top!

Haven't forgot the workshops....just trying to get a schedule together.

Hmmm....now that I look at it it seems like the writing on this post is very BIG. Oh well, I hope you have a great day (it's after midnight). I will have my cinnamon dulce iced latte with whip from Starbucks early and then do some yard work, and take a walk up to the chapel and listen to the beautiful bells. Have a wonderful day and be blessed.



No comments: