Sunday, May 15, 2011

Homestead Antique Fair a Great Success

I went over to the Friday night, Vendor Welcome Spread, early, to get some pictures. It was luscious. You can read all about it at the bottom of this post. I got pictures of Mike of Homestead Antiques (host) overseeing the preparation of the food and it looks like he took a minute to sit down and have a relaxing beverage. Brenda, Mike's other half, decorated the tables so beautiful with small birdbaths, statues, and one of my favorite textiles, linen fishnet. The chef was busily preparing her gourmet foods. Because I was early, the only food I got pictures of were the stuffed tomatoes. Ummm. There was soooo much more!











The Homestead Antique Fair was a great success and in many ways. First, I met alot of friendly, fellow vendors. Everyone pulled together during the loading and unloading for the show. The booths were phenominal. Lots of architecture, unique furniture, western decor, chic, and of course antique. It was a very quaint and personal show. Sales were good! I just can't say enough good things about Mike and Brenda of Homestead Antiques. They hosted and presented the show. Always present to accommodate everyone and make the show very successful. Friday night after the show closed, we were treated to a great spread of gourmet food catered by a wonderful, professional chef. Gourmet cheeses, turkey, ham, roast beef, salmon cakes, meatballs, and stuffed cherry tomatoes were just a part of the treats offered. They topped it off great cookies and cheesecake and I can't leave out the great beverages that were offered. I was just so impressed with the host and hostess. We enjoyed this spread in the old, stone, shell of a building across the street from the Fair. The ambiance of the location was wonderful. I just can't seem to say enough about this great fair.

No comments: