Friday, October 21, 2011

Good Things Are Coming My Way

Hello and Welcome Fall!! I am very excited to tell you about what's coming up in the near future for The Altered Muse. First of all, I am getting ready for the Funky Finds: A Holiday Shopping Experience. It is November 12 and 13 at the Will Rogers Memorial Center, Poultry Barn, 3409 Burnett-Tandy Dr., Ft. Worth, Texas. Now just because it is called a holiday shopping experience, don't think that it will be limited to the seasonal gift. I am bringing loads of bags of destash items that no longer go with my artistic interests, but someone else is going to be delighted with what I am getting rid of, such as old children's books, old french books and images. game cards and game pieces, charms, beads, assemblage, metals, tin, old photos and the list goes on. I am pricing it to go to another studio that will appreciate it. I will have examples of workshops such as Beginners Soldering, Encaustic Wax Overlay, Reliquary, Felting, Found Objects Jewelry, and a few new things that I have been experimenting with. So all you artists, designers, creators of unique and crazy art, COME ON OUT FOR TWO DAYS OF SHOPPING. SPREAD YOUR WINGS WITH OTHER LIKE BIRDS OF A FEATHER. THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY EVENTS THAT WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER AND SHARE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS TWO DAY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. Hope you look for The Altered Muse. I don't think you will be disappointed!!!!


Now for the next big thing coming up.... I will be moving into a small shop space at DOLLY PYTHON, A VERY ECLECTIC store in Dallas. Dolly Python specializes in vintage clothing, found objects, antiques, and the rare and eclectic. Gretchen Bell is the owner/proprietor and has done a fabulous job in making Dolly Python a very popular place to shop. I am so excited that she is giving me a place to "show my stuff". Dolly Python is located in Dallas at 1916 Haskell Ave. zip 75204. I should be moving in about the middle of November. Can't wait!!!

Now for the next big thing.....bedi-bye...nite nite...yawning...lights out!

No comments: